Terminology and terminography
AUTHOR MARIETTA ALBERTS
FORMAT Portrait; 175mm x 245mm; Paperback
‘…a repository of knowledge gleaned…from extensive experience in terminology work.’
‘Given the severe skills shortage … and the imperative to upskill practitioners as terminologists and terminographers in the official indigenous languages, this publication is both timeous and suitably authoritative.’
Terminology and terminography principles and practice: A South African perspective is a valuable contribution to describing the current state of terminology pratice in the country:
– the first book on the subject for the country’s community of subject specialists, language practitioners, terminologists and terminographers;
– nine chapters paint a vivid, comprehensive picture of the principles and practice of this dynamic field in which term lists of national importance are compiled in both source and target languages;
– especially useful to teachers and students of terminology and terminography studies;
– an invaluable training resource and reference work for practitioners in terminology bureaux;
– promotes much-needed terminology development across the official languages, contributing significantly to standardisation and multilingualism.
Dr Marietta Alberts is acknowledged as a leading terminologist and a mentor to terminologists in South Africa.